Ariana’s Regal Ginger-Ale
- 6-12 pieces of Fresh Ginger Root based on how much juice you would like to yield. (When selecting ginger, the lighter the color, the younger and fresher the ginger is. Also please buy organic ginger, the thought of drinking pesticide is quite off-putting)
- 1 sprig of fresh organic spearmint
- BLiS Maple Syrup - Bourbon, Vanilla or Natural
- Sparkling water, either home made seltzer or bottled. (If you use bottled sparkling water, my most favorite is Lurisia it’s the fizziest of them all)
- Rinse and cut the ginger into pieces to fit into the juicer. (Do not peel the ginger or you will lose the precious nutrients in the rind)
- Juice the ginger.
- Pour the juiced ginger thru a fine strainer to catch all pulp.
- Save the extra ginger juice in a sealed airtight jar in your fridge and it can last up to a week, to make more ginger ale on a whim.
- Prepare your own fizzy sparkling water using filtered water with soda stream seltzer maker, or skip this step if using bottled sparkling water.
- Add 2-4 teaspoons of fresh ginger juice to 12 ounces of sparkling water for one serving. Alternatively you can add ginger juice to taste depending on how mild or spicy you prefer.
- Add approximately one teaspoon of maple syrup or sweetener of choice. You can also gauge at the sweetness level to your liking.
- Stir together and top with fresh spearmint chiffonades or whole leaves.
Another fun and simple idea is to add ginger juice to fresh young coconut water, you will not need the maple syrup since the coconut water has an inherent natural sweetness. It will also make the drink flat if you do not enjoy carbonation!