BLiS XO Rissoto with Truffles (Black Winter )
- Half small onion, diced medium fine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup grated reggionan cheese
- 1 tbs. truffle butter
- 1 black winter truffle
- BLiS “Elixer” Double Solera Vinegar
- Sweat half of small onion diced medium fine in good olive oil (about 1/4 cup); do not brown.
- Add 3/4 cup of rice. Sauté, do not brown, to set the rice; about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of dry white wine (Chablis or Sancerre). Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add 3/4 cup of water simmer over medium high heat being carefull not to scourch.
- As rice absorbs water add another 1/4 cup of water.
- Reduce heat to medium and let rice absorb the rest of water until almost dry. Test for ala-dente, if
too hard add a little more water.
- After about 12-15 minutes rice should be firm but tender (more on the tender side).
- If satisfied with firm tenderness, remove from heat, cover with plastic wrap tightly and steam for
3-4 minutes (very important).
- Just before serving stir in 1/3 cup of grated reggionano cheese, add a heaping tbs. of truffle butter and equal amount of good olive oil.
- Adjust with salt if necessary, warm again and serve hot at the last minute.
- Thinly slice ends and small pieces of truffle into the risotto for extra flavor and mix ala-minute.
- Upon serving, thinly slice a nice portion of truffles on risotto.
Note: the rice should be hot enough to lightly cook truffles, so be sure to slice thin, they will cook from the residual heat.
- Drizzel BLiS “Elixer” Double Solera Vinegar over top for final garnish