BLiS Tahitian Vanilla Bean Stewed Fruit
- 1 Tahitian vanilla bean (use from the syrup bottle)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Blis Tahian Vanilla Infused Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. BLiS Tahitian Vanilla Infused Fleur De Sel
- 1/2 fresh orange, juiced
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs. whole cloves
- 2 tbs. BLiS “9” Double Solera Sherry Vinegar
- 3 - 4 Star Anise whole
- 1/4 lb butter
- 2 cup water
- 1 tbs. whole Allspice
- 1 quart fresh fruit or berries in season
- 1/4 cup good dry sherry
- Split vanilla bean with knife.
- Add all ingredients (except butter) to non - reactive pot and bring to boil for 1 minute, let
stand for 45 minutes to infuse flavor.
- Bring back to boil, remove from heat. Save vanilla bean, (cut and add as garnish, about a 2 inch piece per serving) Strain remaining ingredients through a fine sieve. Add butter, stir in until melted.
- Pour over your fresh fruit or berries in (separate bowl) and serve warm.
- Serve with ice cream or sabayon or by itself. Very good if chilled and saved for a later date.