Entrées & Sides
Featuring BLiS Hardwood Smoked Fleur De Sel
Morel and Ramp Fricasee Ingredients
- 1 # of fresh morels split ½ and briefly rinsed and dry patted with a towel
- 1 cup good dry sherry (fino or manzanilla)
- 1 knob of butter
- ½ lemon juiced
- Small hand full of ramps sliced thin (bulb only) * note: reserve green tops
- ½ t of fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Small garnish of chiffonade of green ramp tops
- 1 (large) Pinch of BLiS Hardwood smoked Fleur De Sel
- White pepper to taste
Morel and Ramp Fricasee Directions
- In heavy sauce pan sauté ramp slices and slightly caramelize in butter
- Add morels and cook excess water out until almost dry with ramps
- Add sherry to morel ramp mix cook to almost dry (slowly )
- Add heavy cream and reduce until thick and coating sauce with the morels
- Add pepper to taste and nutmeg
- Finish with fresh lemon juice and Hardwood Smoked BLiS Fleur De Sel at last minute
- Garnish each serving with the chiffonade (small amount) of green ramp tops serve
Seared Salmon Ingredients
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets fresh wild caught salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Seared Salmon Directions
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Coat salmon with olive oil. Place in skillet, and increase heat to high.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn salmon over, and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer salmon to individual plates, and garnish with morels and ramps.
Photo Credit: http://www.eatingwell.com