Featuring BLiS Natural Steelhead Roe
by Earthy Delights
Image is representational
Caviar Cocottes Ingredients
- 3 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 3 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 1 heaping tablespoon sour cream, divided
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 4 ounces BLiS Natural Steelhead Roe
- lemon slices
Caviar Cocottes Process
- Press the egg yolks through a sieve and mix them with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Preferably, spread the yolks on the bottom of four small ramekins. The second choice is one 8-inch pie plate.
- Using a food processor, mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the egg mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of sour cream over the top of the cream cheese mix, then a layer of the onion.
- Now, spread a layer of caviar on the top. Garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve this delicious, but simple, appetizer with toasted French bread.