Due To Ongoing Issues Stemming From COVID-19, Some Orders May Be Delayed
Bacon and Eggs the BLiS™ Way
June 5 2014
June 5 2014
Bacon and Eggs with Crispy Fingerling Potato Pancake, Smoked Steelhead Roe, Bourbon Infused Maple Syrup
Obviously the picture is not that of the recipe
- 2 medium Sized Fingerling Potatoes (Werp Farms, Buckley)
- 2 wild Leeks – Locally Picked
- 2 ounces BLiS Smoked Steelhead Roe (BLiS, Grand Rapids)
- 1 ounce Sour Cream – (Bareman Dairy, Holland)
- 1 ounce BLiS Bourbon Infused Maple Syrup – (BLiS, Grand Rapids)
- ½ ounce BLiS Elixer – Aged Sherry Vinegar (BLiS, Grand Rapids)
- ¼ ounce Celery Micro Greens – (Werp Farms, Buckley)
- 1 hard Boiled Egg – (Bakers Green Acres, Marion)
- 1 slice Pancetta – Made at Grand Traverse Resort & Spa with Michigan Pork Belly
- Grill the wild leeks with salt, pepper and butter, cool and chop into small pieces.
- In a medium non-stick pan on medium heat, melt ¼ ounce of butter, shred potatoes into the pan.
- Add the leeks and shape into a circle, cook on low heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Reserve for plating.
- Top the potato pancake with sour cream then the smoked steelhead roe. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with greens.
- Drizzle elixir around the edge and garnish plate with boiled egg and pancetta.
Photo Copyright: Shalamov/BlueOrange Studio