Featuring BLiS Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup
How to Build a Monte Cristo Sandwich
Monte Cristo Sandwich Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 Gala apples, thinly sliced
- A few sprigs thyme, picked and chopped
- 8 1/2-inch slices good quality sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup apple cider honey mustard from Fox Meadow Farm or honey mustard
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar
- 8 slices thick-cut slices of your favorite bacon cooked until crispy
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
Monte Cristo Sandwich Dipper:
- Woods Boiled Cider from Woods Cider Mill
- BLiS Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup
Monte Cristo Sandwich Process
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apples and thyme, and season with nutmeg.
- Cook 5 minutes, until apples are tender and cooked down.
- Spread apple cider honey mustard on each piece of bread.
- Build sandwiches with cheese and bacon or bacon spread.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Melt butter on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Turn sandwiches in egg and add to the griddle.
- Cook sandwiches 3-4 minutes on each side, until deep golden.
- Serve with BLIS Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup or boiled apple cider
Recipe adapted from Rachel Ray Every Day