Buffalo-Style Chicken Tenders "Extra-Crispy"
June 5 2014
June 5 2014
Entrées & Sides
Featuring BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce & BLiS Santa Fe Spice Rub
By Earthy Delights
Buffalo-Style Chicken Tenders Ingredients
- 8 chicken tenders or 1-1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 large eggs or 1 jumbo egg, beaten
- 3/4 cups Panko
- 2 Tbsp BLiS Santa Fe Rub
- 2 Tbsp Grapeseed oil, or more as needed
- BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce, to taste
- Blue Cheese Dressing (optional)
- Celery sticks (optional)
Buffalo-Style Chicken Tenders Directions
- Place the tenders between two sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound lightly.
- Whisk together 1 Tbsp Santa Fe Rub and the 1/2 cup flour, put in a pie plate. Pour the beaten egg into another pie plate. Blend together 1 Tbsp Santa Fe Rub with the 3/4 cup Panko and put in a third pie plate.
- Dredge each tender first in the flour-spice mixture, then the beaten egg, and lastly the Panko-spice mix, making sure it is well coated. Place on baking sheet or plate lined with wax paper. Chill for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a heavy non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the grapeseed oil. Heat the oil to shimmering hot. Test by sprinkling a crumb or two of the Panko to make sure it fries up immediately.
- Add half the tenders to the pan (do not overcrowd). Cook each tender for about 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Remove to a paper-towel lined pan or plate and place in a 200 degree oven till ready to serve. Cook the rest of the tenders as before.
- Drizzle some BLiS Hot Pepper Sauce over the tenders and serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side, if desired.