Entrées & SidesFeaturing BLiS Blast Steak Sauce
& BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce
Before you can get to actually marinating and preparing your skirt steak fajitas there is a little bit of preparation you MUST do in order to tenderize your skirt steak.
Skirt steak has what is known as silver skin. This is a connective tissue that must be removed prior to cooking otherwise your steak will never be tender. You can also use a kitchen mallet to pound both sides of the steak once the silver skin is removed to help break up the fiber.
Skirt Steak Fajita Marinade
- 1 large skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 cup BLiS Blast Steak Sauce
- ½ cup BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce, plus additional to splash over fajitas
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and finely sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for basting
- Fresh ground sea salt and peppercorn, to taste
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- Citrus salsa, store-bought or your favorite homemade recipe
- Roma tomatoes, diced
- Green onion stalks, finely chopped
- Queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Cilantro leaves, chopped
- Key lime, sliced, to garnish
Skirt Steak Fajita Recipe
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag
- Add BLiS Blast Steak Sauce, BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce, jalapenos, chili powder, paprika cumin, and olive oil.
- Seal the bag pressing out all excess air.
- Massage the marinade into the steak and refrigerate for 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high by turning one side of the gas grill to high while leaving the other side off, creating one hot direct grilling zone and one cooler indirect cooking zone.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator, discarding the plastic bag and marinade.
- Place the steak directly over the hottest direct grilling zone grates. Sear on both sides for 5-7 minutes with the grill lid open.
- Move steaks over to the cooler indirect zone and close the grill lid. Baste the steaks intermittently with olive oil and remove steaks from grill when internal temperature has reached 135F.
- Rest steak for 10 minutes under a tin foil tent.
- Season additionally, to taste
- Thinly slice across the grain.
- Lay sliced steak over a warmed flour tortilla.
- Dress with your favorite citrus salsa, tomato, green onion, crumbled queso fresco, and cilantro.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime and a few splashes of BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce.