Starters & Finishes
Featuring BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce
By Earthy Delights
A "cocktail" of fresh seafood, veggies and spice.
Mexican Seafood Cocktail Ingredients
- 8 oz tomato sauce (we like El Pato brand spicy Mexican-style tomato sauce)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 fresh chile pepper, serrano or jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of one medium lime
- Fresh lime wedges
- Seafood to your liking; shrimp, lobster, scallops are suggested
Mexican Seafood Cocktail Directions
- Heat the tomato sauce in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions, the chopped garlic and sliced chile pepper. Add seafood, cook until done.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat, stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit and using a knife, score the flesh into squares and scoop out of the shell.
- Combine the seafood mixture with the spicy tomato sauce, avocado, lime juice and 1 Tbsp of BLiS Blast Hot Pepper Sauce (or more to taste).