Looking for a tasty appetizer for a party, or a delicious side for dinner? Our parmesan truffle fries are just what you’re looking for, no matter the occasion.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- BLiS™ Natural Sea Salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons BLiS™ White Truffle Oil (or to taste)
- Parmesan or Pecorino, freshly grated (omit for vegan)
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potatoes into fries: Wash the potatoes, leaving the skins on. Slice off the ends of each potato, then slice off part of the side to make a base. Place the potato half cut side down and cut off a ¼-inch slice, then lay the slice on its side and cut it into several long strips. Repeat until all potatoes have been cut into fries. The pieces can be uneven, but aim for as uniform of thickness as possible.
- Place the fries in a large bowl with the olive oil and salt. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the fries on the paper, placing them as far apart as possible.
- Bake the fries for 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven and flip them. Reduce the heat to 400 degrees.
- Reverse the trays in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until the fries are crisp and golden brown, watching carefully as the cooking time can depend on the fry thickness as well as your oven.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Drizzle with the truffle oil to your taste preferences. Test fries for seasoning and add sea salt and additional truffle oil as desired. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and chives. Serve immediately.