Gourmet Pizza Sauce
Featuring BLIS Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup, BLiS #9 Sherry Vinegar & BLiS Hardwood Smoked Fleur de Sel
A Pizza Sauce Recipe You Can Count On.
You can buy the pizza sauce out of a can. We guess that is ok if you are in a hurry. May as well buy a $5 pizza if that is the case.
If you are a true pizza aficionado, then you certainly would be interested in working with various sauces, cheeses and dough combinations. Ingredients can make or break any recipe. Using only the freshest ingredients in your pizza sauce will bring your pizza to life with flavors that come together to say…..Fantastico!
There are as many pizza sauce recipes in the world as there are blades of grass…not really, but you get my point. Everyone has a favorite.
One of our favorites is a recipe that includes our BLiS Bourbon Maple Syrup and it is easy to make!
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 1-1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2- Medium Sweet Onion Diced
- 2- Cloves Fresh Garlic Finely Chopped
- 1- 8 oz can Organic Tomato Paste
- 6- Medium Roma Tomatoes seeded and finely diced
- 2- tsp Fresh Oregano
- 2- tbsp BLiS Bourbon Maple Syrup or BLiS Smoked Bourbon Male Syrup (when available)
- 1- tbsp BLiS #9 Sherry Vinegar
- 1/4-Cup Red Wine Sweet
- 1/2-tsp BLiS Hardwood Smoked Fleur de Sel or to taste
Pizza Sauce Process
- Set stove to medium-low heat.
- In a medium sauce pot add EV olive oil, diced onions, and minced garlic.
- Sweat onions down until they become translucent.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon; stir every minute so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add diced tomatoes, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Or until they start to break down.
- Add red wine and reduce by half.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt to taste.