Entrées & Sides
Featuring BLiS #9 Sherry Vinegar
, BLiS Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup
& BLiS Fish Sauce
& BLiS Hardwood Smoked Fleur de Sel
by Blīcher Creature Jason & Christine
How to Make Breakfast Crepes
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 T melted butter
- Butter for coating the pan
In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds. Refrigerate for 1 hour to give time for bubbles to subside.
Heat a medium non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread until pan is evenly covered. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to cool. Continue until all batter is gone.
Cashew Cream, Blueberries & BLiS #9 Maple Sherry Vinegar Soaked Strawberries
Cashew Cream Ingredients
- 1.5 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked and drained
- 2 T lemon
- 1/2 cup water
Cashew Cream Process
- Soak cashews 1-24 hours. Drain.
- Place in a food processor. Add lemon and water. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Soak sliced strawberries in BLiS #9 for one hour.
- Roll cashew cream, blueberries, and soaked strawberries into the crepe.
BLiS Bourbon Barrel Matured Maple Syrup Candied Bacon, Poached Egg, Hollandaise
- Pan fry bacon until crisp. Place on an oven safe dish. Drizzle with BLiS Bourbon Barrel Matured Maple Syrup.
- Place in 200-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Poach an egg.
- Use your favorite hollandaise recipe.
- Fold crepe in half, place bacon and egg on one side, cover with hollandaise, and fold over.
Poached Salmon, BLiS Barrel Aged Fish Sauce Aioli, Greens & Tomato
- 2/3 cup onion
- 1 T butter
- 1 T BLiS Fish Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Poached Salmon Crepe Process
- Saute onion in butter until translucent. Add fish sauce until onions are caramelized. Transfer mixture to food processor and puree. Let cool. Mix with mayonnaise.
- Generously coat salmon fillet with BLiS Hardwood Smoked Fleur de Sel and pepper.
- Vacuum salmon into a bag with a thin slice of lemon.
- Place in immersion circulator water bath at 50 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Remove from bag. Pat dry. Sear in buttered pan for 40 seconds each side.
- Smear 1 T aioli on one-quarter of a crepe.
- Add greens, salmon, sliced tomatoes.
- Fold in half twice.
If your Valentine is like Chris, add two more tablespoons of aioli on the side.