Entrées & Sides
Featuring BLiS Bourbon Maple Syrup
, BLiS #9 Sherry Vinegar
& BLiS Fish Sauce
Colcannon Cakes Process
- 1 Tsp. Truffle Oil
- 6 Russet Potatoes - Quartered
- 4 oz. Salt Pork diced into small cubes (Can Substitute Thick-Cut Bacon)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tbs.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbs. Flour
- 1 Tsp. Truffle Oil
Crispy Slaw Ingredients
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Salt Pork in a pot of water and bring to a boil
- Add potatoes and cook until tender. Approx. 17-20 minutes (If using bacon add salt to the water prior to putting the potatoes in. If using the salt pork, this is not necessary, as the pork has enough salt content to season the water.)
- Once the Potatoes are cooked; strain them through a colander.
- Add Sour Cream and mash the potatoes
- Add the Flour, Egg and truffle oil, then mix thoroughly.
- Form the Potatoes into 4 equal Patties approximately ½ thick
- Heat Skillet and place 1 Tbs. Oil or Butter
- Sear Patties until both sides are golden brown. 2-3 Minutes Each Side
- Transfer Colcannon Cakes into the oven and cook for 10 minutes until heated throughout.
Crispy Slaw Process
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage, Shredded
- 1 Cup Green Cabbage, Shredded
- ¼ Cup White Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well incorporated. Refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, until ready to Serve.Braised Pork Cheek Ingredients
Braised Pork Cheek Process
- 6 Pork Cheeks, Cut in Half Lengthwise
- 5 Cups Pork Stock (Can substitute Chicken Stock)
- 1 Cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 Tbs. BLiS Barrel Aged Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbs. BLiS #9 Maple Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Tbs. BLiS Bourbon Barrel Matured Maple Syrup
- 1 Spanish Onion Rough Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery Roughly Chopped
- 2 Carrots, Roughly Chopped
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Tbs. Milk
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Corn Meal
- 4 Cups Vegetable Oil
- Preheat Oven to 325
- Season Pork Cheek generously with Salt and Pepper
- Heat a Dutch Oven on a stove top and sear the Pork Cheek until golden brown on each side. Approximately 3 Minutes each side.
- Remove Pork Cheek from Dutch Oven, set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with a small amount of stock, scraping all the pork bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add Onions, Carrots, and Celery and cook about 6 minutes. Stir regularly
- Add Pork Cheek Back to the pan.
- Add Fish Sauce, Vinegar, and Maple Syrup and cook for 3 minutes. Stir Constantly.
- Add Stock
- Cover and place Dutch Oven into the oven for 2.5-3 Hours.
- Remove pork and allow to cool.
Set 3 Bowls on the Table
- In the First Bowl - place Flour
- In the Second Bow - Mix Eggs and 2 tbs. Milk
- In the Third bowl- place Cornmeal and 2 tbs. milk
- Dip Pork Cheeks - First, in the Flour. Then into the Egg Mixture. Finally, into the cornmeal mix.
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a Pan until bubbles appear
- Drop the battered pork cheek into the oil and cook until golden brown. 1-2 Minutes.
- ½ Cup BLiS Bourbon Barrel Matured Maple Syrup
- 3 tbs Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1tbs BLiS Barrel Aged Fish Sauce
- 1 tbs. BLiS #9 Maple Sherry Vinegar
Combine all ingredients and simmer over medium heat until it begins to thicken.
As the glaze begins to thicken, toss the fried pork cheek into the pan and toss until well coated.Recipe and Photo Credit:Walter Benedict@the_pub_chef