Entreés & Sides
Featuring BLiS Borbon Maple Syrup, Blast Hot Pepper Sauce & Fish Sauce
By Elizabeth Schuler - My Communal Table
Oven Roasted Pork Shoulder Ingredients
- 4-5 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup salt
- 3-4 tablespoons Chinese five spice
- 1/4 cup BLiS Bourbon Maple Syrup
Oven Roasted Pork Shoulder Recipe
- Combine sugar and salt, then spread over entire pork shoulder.
- Cover with foil and place in the fridge for 8-12 hours.
- Pull from the fridge and rinse off all the salt and sugar.
- Pat dry and rub Chinese five spice all over roast.
- Place pork in roasting pan and stick in an oven set at 300º F for approximately 5 hours. Check in 4 hours. The pork should be able to pull easily when it is cooked well.
- Pull out of the oven and turn up the oven to 500F.
- Rub roast with BLiS Maple Syrup and stick back in the oven.
- Pull out roast when the syrup gets crusty and melty.
- Don't forget to serve with a side of BLiS Blast Hot Sauce and Fish Sauce!